Saturday, May 18, 2013

Where Are Catherine and her father Peter Kaiser?

Catherine was the daughter of Peter Kaiser/Keiser/Kiser and Elizabeth. She was born 17 Feb 1824 in Northampton County, Pennsylvania. Peter and Catherine are listed in the household of William Kaiser/Kiser in Woodville, Sandusky, Ohio 1850 Census. William Kaiser is the son of Peter and Elizabeth Kaiser.


Peter Kaiser died 25 Oct. 1862 and is buried in Hessville Cemetery, Sandusky Co, Ohio. I can not locate him on the 1860 Census in Ohio. He is not listed with his son Williams Kiser in Washington, Sandusky, Ohio. No death record has been found for him in Sandusky, Ohio. Did he die somewhere else and was brought back to be buried next to his wife?  I do have photos of his headstone and his wife's Elizabeth.  I can not locate a marriage record for Catherine Kaiser in Sandusky and I am wondering if she died prior to 1860 or did she move somewhere else? Did her father Peter go with her? My hope is to locate some kind of a record on Catherine in hopes of finding out what her mother Elizabeth's last name was. There is reference that her mother's last name was Uharcum but I cannot prove or disprove it.